These positions are here for your reference. The positions demonstrate the sectors and locations we work in, although not limited to those locations or positions. Some of these positions are open and some may also be closed. For the most up to date positions available please join our RSS Feed found below. Or apply for one of these positions to give us an idea of what you are interested in and looking for. Alternatively forward your CV to us on email@example.com
Geotechnical Engineer Specialising in Rock Engineering
We are working with a client looking to fill a permanent position in their head office in Germany. Here is some information on the post and what is required from any candidate to be considered:
Your working environment:
Your new Field of Activity is the Department ‘Geotechnical Engineering, Geology and Dams’ (GW3) within the Hydropower and Water Resources Division.
– Design and analysis related to surface and underground excavation, dam foundations, rock support and grouting works
– Short assignments on construction sites to examine the site conditions and adapt the design accordingly
– Feasibility, tender and detailed design in rock engineering
– Designing, monitoring and evaluating of site investigation and laboratory programs
– Supervising of geotechnical works
– General geotechnics/soil mechanics, foundation engineering
– Project management of smaller projects, esp. in the field of geotechnics
– Writing of geological reports and expertises
You are a graduate geotechnical or civil engineer (Dipl.-Ing./Master of Technical University or equivalent or higher) in the field of civil engineering with a specialisation in geotechnics/rock- and soil mechanics. Additionally you possess at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of geotechnics as well as rock and dam engineering, with emphasis on the latter. Moreover you are experienced in analysing and planning of such structures applying numerical methods of calculation. You have also gained experience with in-situ and laboratory geotechnical testing. Excellent English language skills are required – both written and verbal. Additional languages (French and/or Spanish) would be an advantage. You should have relevant overseas experience combined with cultural sensitivity. If you are prepared to travel worldwide and to work abroad we are expecting your application.