One of our clients is looking to fill a position in one of their projects in Ethiopia urgently. Here is some information on the position and project.
Our client is in associated with anotehr consultancy both of which are in charge of the Construction Management and Supervision of GIBE III hydroelectric project for the Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation (EEPCo). The plant consists of 240m high roller compact concrete dam, intake tunnels and 1800 MW power plant; It is located on Omo river, about 400 km south of Addis Ababa – Ethiopia. The plant is under construction since July 2006 through EPC contract and is due to be completed in 2012-2013.
On site, the resident team in charge of supervision of the works will comprise 10 to 16 (at a maximum) expatriate engineers, who will manage engineers and technicians provided by the Client (EEPCo).
On site living accommodation will be provided by the Client for families or bachelors.
Working conditions : normal working hours of the client.
Vacation and Flights (for bachelor) : 2 weeks – Twice a year.
Language of Contract: English (good level required).
Contract Management Engineer
– Control of the procedures for the contract administration.
– Assistance to Client during variation orders, claims, meetings.
– Assistance to the Client and Consultant team in controlling the contractual issues related to the commissioning tests and Take-Over Certificates.
– Assistance to the preparation of progress reports and the preparation of the Project Completion Report.
– Assistance to the Client and Consultant team in controlling the compliance of the Contractor with the contractual conditions as refers to performance certificate, guarantee and security, insurances, obligations, variations and adjustments, etc…
The Contract Manager Engineer will locally report to the Chief Resident Engineer.