Senior Embankment Engineer
One of our clients have been entrusted by the Dams Implementation Unit (DIU) of the Republic of the Sudan with the Consultancy Services for Contract Administration and Supervision of Construction for the Upper Atbara Dam Complex.
Our client in turn is now looking for a ‘Senior Embankment Engineer’.
The following are the general conditions:
– Duration would be 1 year with an option to extend for another year
– See job description below
– The required relevant experience would be 10 years +
– Working time would be 7 days per week, with 0.23 days of paid leave per day of work
– Accommodation is currently in containers. A camp with concrete/brick houses is under construction and should be ready by January 2012.
– Holiday of up to 30 days per year.
The Senior Embankment Engineer will assist the Chief Embankment Design Engineer in the design of the main embankment dams, including the plastic concrete cut-off wall, as described above, in the design of embankment dykes and in earthwork structures.
The main duties of the Senior Dam Stability Analyst will be the following:
– Assist the Chief Embankment Design Engineer in his duties as mentioned above.
– Design the embankment dykes and the earthwork structures;
– Co-operate with the CAD Engineers in the preparation of the drawings for embankment dams, dykes, all earthwork structures and slopes;
– Co-operate with the Dam Stability Analyst with regard to the results of stability calculations, zoning and optimisation of the works.